Petrie Island Canoe Club’s Annual Fun Regatta was held Saturday, August 24, 2019 at Petrie Island Beach.
For Race Results Click Here!
Fall and Winter Programming is now online!
Individual Dragon Boat (Ages 16+) September 2019 Registration is NOW OPEN!!
Petrie Island’s friendly, qualified trainers will teach you everything you need to know about this highly social team sport. Coached practices will run weekday evenings, for one hour of friends, fun & fitness. No equipment or previous experience necessary!
Dragon Boat is perfect for team building, fostering goodwill and sportsmanship, and boosting confidence and morale. Your workouts are sure to be fun and satisfying!
CLICK HERE for Petrie Island Canoe Club Adult Dragon Boat Information
Youth Racing One-Year Intermediate and Advanced Training Programs (Youth Ages 8 to 18 Years)
New in 2019! Take advantage of one low price for four seasons of training. Offered for both Intermediate Competitive and Advanced Competitive Levels, your budding athlete will train Year-Round with Petrie Island Canoe Club’s qualified coaches to achieve maximum results both on and off the water.
CLICK HERE for Petrie Island Canoe Club Youth Racing One-Year Advanced Training Program Information or
CLICK HERE for Petrie Island Canoe Club Youth Racing One-Year Intermediate Training Program Information
Petrie Island Canoe Club NEWS
- Congratulations to Benoit Davies, Emily Best, Julia Kennedy, Victor Savulescu, and Tyler Chenette, on their performances at the National Championships U16+ regatta in Regina- you make us proud!! (Pics on FB & IG @petriecanoe).
- Intermediate U14 Fall programs begin on Monday, September 9th @ 4pm. Please bring sneakers, water bottles, warm clothes, and paddling gear! Tyler, Victor, and Tim will be coaching for the first week, while Coach Kennedy is attending her home club’s 50th reunion in NS.
- Advanced U16+ Fall Programs begin on Monday, September 16th @ 4pm. Big kids, bring your own sneakers & water bottles!!
- Dragon Boat Fall Finale Practice & Social takes place on Monday, September 16th, from 6-9pm. We will hold a 1hr practice, put the boat up on blocks for the winter, and then go for appies & drinks at the Corner Bar & Grill.
- September Dragon Boat has been cancelled- our apologies to everyone who signed up! If you registered for this program, you will be reimbursed. In related news, PICC is seeking a dedicated coach/team manager for this program.
- Sea can installation has been delayed until October. The sea cans were located in front of parking lot #1 for the duration of the summer. Our “Grand Opening” will take place after installation this fall.