Petrie Island Canoe Club Fall training on fitness and technical training. There are 3 options available to suit all ages. The programs are designed specifically for aspiring competitive paddlers ages 10 and up. Three to Eight Sessions per week. Activities may include Swimming, Running, Paddling, Soccer, Resistance Training and Circuit Training as well as, weather permitting, additional on-water training. All programs include the 2022 Summer Paddling Program fee!
Truly, a dream come true!! There are SO many wonderful people to thank for making this facility possible:
- Our family and friends who have been so encouraging and helpful for all these years, especially a very patient & generous husband/PICC boat doctor;
- The paddling community who welcomed us with open arms, and gave us many helping hands, East-Enders who welcomed a new sport into their neighbourhood, and gave our canoe club a chance;
- Our lovely MP, Marie-France Lalonde, for her constant support for the canoe club since even before day 1, and for her help on this boathouse project specifically;
- Our three local councillors who each generously contributed $50,000 toward the community’s portion of the boathouse (we promise to make your investment worth every penny!);
- MPP Blais, for his sage advice;
- The indomitable Phil McNeely and the talented building committee;
- The legendary Al Tweddle and the Friends of Petrie Island;
- Our friend James, PICC‘s pro-bono webmaster;
- The Lions and the Rotary Club;
- The fabulous and ever-enthusiastic PICC board;
- PICC‘s amazing coaches & staff (you rock!!);
- …and most importantly, our PICC kids, who motivate us all to keep building a better world.