SPRING Training & Summer Programs
Regatta Ready is a 2 week introduction to Sprint Canoe-Kayak, and provides all the basics needed to progress into the full summer Youth Racing Sprint Program. …More Info
Our Youth Racing Program is an 8 week program designed to accommodate the developing Canoe/Kayak athlete, respecting their individual needs and developmental level. …More Info
Spring Training Program
(U11 to U17)
Spring Training is a 6 week program for beginner and experienced paddlers and provides all the basics needed to progress into the full summer Youth Racing Sprint Program. 5 Days per week.
PaddleALL is a specialized 8 week introduced by Canoe/Kayak Canada. It is a program aimed at promoting participation in the sport of sprint Canoe/Kayak for individuals with disabilities. Email email@example.com for More Info
- Age Categories:
- U11 – born in 2007 or sooner
- U13 – born in 2005-2006
- U15 – born in 2003-2004
- U17 – born in 2001-2002
- Pre-requisites: Although no paddling experience is required, all paddlers must demonstrate minimum swim ability. Prior to getting in boats participants must show that they can roll into the water, swim 50 metres (any stroke), and stay afloat (tread water) for 1 minute, as per the National Lifesaving Society Swim to Survive Standard. Instructors will assess swimming ability on the 1st day of the program so please come ready to get in the water. Swim ability is assessed without a lifejacket or other flotation device. If your child is nervous about passing the swim test, we encourage you to take him/her to your local pool to practice beforehand.
- What to Bring to Camp:
- Paddling equipment will be provided. Participants are welcome to bring their own lifejackets.
- 2 changes of clothing daily will be required; clothing should be comfortable, loose fitting and preferably made of quick-drying fabric.
- Paddlers get wet every day, and a good breeze can make even warm days feel chilly. Pack a hoodie for after practice!
- Flip-flops/sandals and running shoes are required.
- Sun screen, hat, water bottle, lunch and snacks.
Sample Schedule for Day Program
|8:00am-9:00am||Supervised child care|
|9:00am-10:30am||Kayak single boats|
|10:30am-12:00pm||Canoe team boats|
|1:00pm-2:30pm||Dryland training: games, circuits, running, and ecological education/stewardship|
|4:00pm-5:00pm||Supervised child care|